Torqeedo Travel 503L
Spindrift Price Promise - Spindrift will beat any genuine UK Price quoted for any Torqeedo Motor.
Smarter, stronger, tougher: The perfect outboard for tenders, dinghies and daysailers has become even better.
Our 503 motors come complete with the new USB adapter 320Wh battery.
For many of our customers, the Travel is the definitive Torqeedo outboard. While its lightness, strength and efficiency were loved by all, we were frequently asked to come up with a non-foldable, more rugged version. This is what we have done. And while we were at it, we have equipped it with more power, even higher efficiency, more battery capacity, and our onboard-computer including GPS and real-time range calculation.
1. Integrated GPS and information system: provides precise real-time information on battery charge status, remaining range at current speed, speed over ground and power consumption (GPS receiver located in the battery, information display located in the tiller).
2. Improved mechanical stability, ruggedness and suitability for salt water use.
3. 20% higher power and approx. 10% higher efficiency, noiseless design.
4. Corrosion-free design, does not require a sacrificial anode
5. Auto-kickup feature in case of grounding
6. 30% higher battery capacity (Travel 1003 model)
7. All models can be solar-charged during operation.
8. Audible alarm warns when battery charge status reaches 30%
9. Fully waterproof design, IP 67 (all components can be submersed for 1 hour at 1 metre below surface without any harm).
10. New USB adapter port on the lithium battery, allowing you to charge your mobile or power a lamp if the light fades.
Which Travel motor for which boat? The Travel 503 and 1003 models are both suitable for inflatables, small boats and sail boats. We recommend the Travel 503 for sail boats up to a weight of 750 kg, and the Travel 1003 up to a weight of 1.5 tons. Both models consume the same level of energy at the same speed. The stronger Travel 1003 has 30% higher battery capacity and therefore superior range. Both models are available in long and short shaft versions.
Spec for Travel 503L:
Power Input - 500 watts
Comparable petrol - 1.5HP/ 2HP
Total weight - 13.3kg
Shaft length - 75cm
Battery charge time: The battery recharge time from empty to full ranges between some 8 hours (Travel 503) and 10 hours (Travel 1003). Lithium-manganese battery life expectancy: Charge cycles are not the main factor affecting the service life of the lithium-manganese battery. The battery does not have a memory-effect. Generally, a loss of capacity of 4% per year can be assumed. Ageing is accelerated if the battery is exposed to high temperatures for long periods and if it is stored fully charged for long periods. Therefore, the battery can be used in very hot conditions, but should be removed from the sun and stored in a cool place when not used. If it is stored for a longer period of time, its charge status should be about 50%. If these instructions are followed, your battery will have a life expectancy of some 6-10 years.
Integrated battery specifications: The batteries of the Travel motors have a capacity of 300 Wh (Travel 503) and 400 Wh (Travel 1003). The batteries are rated 10 Ah @ 29.6 V (Travel 503) and 13 Ah @ 29.6 V (Travel 1003).
Charging the Travel battery from solar and from the on-board power supply: The battery can be solar charged during use. It comes with a charge connector that accepts the CIGS solar charger (see Product ans Accessories page) or other solar chargers with a voltage between 24 V and 60 V and a charging current of 4 Amps max. To charge the battery from an on-board power supply, you will need an inverter that converts the on-board voltage to a value between 100 and 240 V (standard power outlet voltage, country-specific voltages may vary). The charger provided in the supply package connects to the inverter. High-efficiency inverters are available on the market at very affordable prices.
Watertightness: All motor components are watertight, protected against complete immersion.
Safety: The motor shuts off when the magnetic key on the remote throttle control is removed. Therefore, for safety reasons, the magnetic key should be attached to the wrist or the life vest.
Spindrift will beat any genuine price quoted, we also deliever to UK addresses Free of Charge!